18 May 2005

 

Imprinting

We lived next door to Magma Instep one summer. She wore bright red hats and orange skirts. In the morning we usually found her in the front yard, dancing. Some of us would watch for a while, then go have breakfast. Others, especially the kids, would often go dance with her. Magma, we said, why do you dance every morning? No reason, she answered. Except that if I didn't dance, I'm sure I would wither away. When we moved north we missed Magma. We thought of her every time we saw a blossom or heard a mountain shuffle its feet.

Comments:
Wunderbar! I especially like the image provoked by the last line. Great way to start my day. I think I'll dance a little jig, too.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

  • All content copyright © 2005-2007 by Mario Milosevic.
  • This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?