08 November 2007

 

The Lexicographer’s Tale

Money doesn’t grow on trees, my parents told me, so I went to school to become a compiler of dictionaries, which proved to be a lucrative and stable occupation. I collected words from many sources: rivers, people’s mouths, the underbellies of clouds, and the blood of fallen creatures. Words were everywhere; all I had to do was grab them and bring them back to my office where I wrestled them into my dictionaries. On several occasions I found words hanging from trees in my back yard. I left them there and watched them turn color and fall to the ground.

Labels:


Comments:
I love this. Are you back!? Happy to see new posts - however often or not. : )
 
Intermittently back, I guess. This series came to me unbidden, a welcome inspiration. I suspect there will be more.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

  • All content copyright © 2005-2007 by Mario Milosevic.
  • This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?